Thursday, March 20, 2014

When I Am Weak...

Wendy Alsup:
In the middle of my struggle, usually when I'm tired before bed, I reflect on what was accomplished in a day. Or maybe it's more accurate to say what was endured on a given day. I have a new appreciation for those words from the Apostle Paul, who walked forward in strong faith while enduring personal physical limitations as well as strong external persecution.  
I Cor. 12   9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
Know that it is more than OK to be weak. It really, truly is. Lean on Him. Walk through your day envisioning your floppy, imperfect external skin draped over His perfect strong physique. People may see you, but you know that it is He that is inside you. And how much greater is He that is in us …  
Here are a few more verses for your encouragement.  
Isaiah 43:2   When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.  
Isaiah 40:29-31   He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. 
And my personal favorite tonight as I write this …  
2 Corinthians 13:4 For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.
Read the rest.  

No comments: