Thursday, May 11, 2006

American Idol

(Sorry to have a completly insignificant rant here, but I just want to get this off my chest...)

I don't watch much TV, but this year for the first time, I have gotten sucked into American Idol. All I have to say is this... After last night's wack results, does anyone still believe that this whole thing is not fixed? Come on, millions of dollars are a stake and the AI people are not just going to allow the general public to determine this thing. The two "M"'s will always be king and queen - Marketability and Money. It's not hard to figure out. Maybe I've gone off the deep end here as I contemplate my American Idol conspiracy theory, but oh well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The guy that was voted off this week was on Leno last night for a short spoof they do with each of the ones voted off. Leno asked him if he was surprised he was voted off, as all the judges, contestants, and audience sure was. (I don't follow AI but did happen to catch him singing several weeks ago and was pretty wowed.) Anyway - his response to Leno was something like "Well, it made for "good" TV" which he said with a very sarcastic grin and air. Leno reacted the same. He didn't seem too put out at all about it. In fact, I bet the guy will have just as much of a career if not more because of being voted off than had he stayed. I heard this morning he already has an offer to be the new lead singer with Fuel, which he wasn't certain of doing as opposed to his own solo career. As well my guess is from what I've heard of those AI contracts, they pretty much end up owning you till your death - like selling your soul. Hopefully he can be just as successful without having to sell as much of his soul to the AI people.