Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flooding at My Former Church In Iowa City, IA


This is a picture of Parkview church where I used to work in Iowa City, IA. As of right now the sandbags are holding, but they don't know what the future has in store. Forecasts are for more rain I think.

**Update** - I just got off the phone with my friend Scott who works there and he said that the police instructed everyone to evacuate today. The water is soon to be over the roof of the church. It's pretty sad for me since I spent 5 years of my life working there. I have many great memories. They probably won't rebuild in this location since it is so close to the river. They are saying this is a 500 year flood.

3 comments:

Jason Kanz said...

Z, I look at this and it is simply unbelievable. I think you and I were at Parkview during the same 5 years and I too have many great memories there. Despite the incredible destruction that comes with this, I know that Parkview will pull together and demonstrate the strength of God's people to the community of Iowa City.

Anonymous said...

Flooding in Iowa is really a main problem for them now..They just can't have a break specially the Parkersburg area where in they just got a destructive tornado..My thoughts and prayers for the families out there..Be strong and pray..

Eric S. said...

Zach,

Thanks for drawing attention to this.

Cedar Rapids is absolutely a mess. It is unbelievable.

Please pray for the Gospel to advance through all this.

Eric