Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Most Played Christian Song of 2008


Congrats to my former employer, Matthew West, for this achievement for the 2nd time!

Christianity Today:
According to a year-end report from Radio & Records, Matthew West's "You Are Everything" was the most played song on Christian radio in 2008. This is the second song from the Dove Award-winning artist to earn "Song of the Year" status, following his hit "More" from 2003. The single debuted in October 2007 and stayed on the charts for more than 11 months. "I am thankful to be singing again after recovering from what I thought could be career-ending vocal surgery last year," says West. "'You Are Everything' was the first song I recorded in the studio after my recovery. So, to see the way it has connected with listeners through the radio just confirms to me there is a reason for everything that happens in this life. I sing with purpose now, and a renewed passion for connecting to the hearts of people through my music.

No comments: