Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This Is Steve Jordan. He Is A Good Drummer.

Some people think flashy fills are what make a good drummer. It's not. It's feel. It's groove. It's tone. Some fills are nice too. Steve Jordan is the master. He has played with everyone. Right now, he plays quite a bit with John Mayer. What you see Steve doing below looks simple. Trust me, it's not.

BTW - John's new record comes out today. It's not nearly as good as Continuum. Few records are. There are a couple songs I really dig, but that is about it. I guess I'll have to give Arcade Fire another try... On second thought, maybe not.

4 comments:

amy Romero said...

i love Steve Jordan with the John Mayer Trio.

Deek Dubberly said...

Steve Jordan is most definitely the man in precisely the ways in which you describe. Mayer's album is growing on me. I've listened to a few of the songs twice now, and with each I liked it better the second go around. My initial impression, though, is very similar to yours.

Kyle said...

you know you want to re-listen to "Funeral"...

Vitamin Z said...

Kyle,

I think I would rather punch myself in the face. (like Dwight)

z