Monday, August 08, 2011

1 Comment Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption

Guest post by: Kim Nielsen

I was planning on writing about our journey with classical education this week,but read the Together for Adoption blog and couldn't pass up the opportunity to highlight the release of a new book by Katie Davis. Dan Cruver writes,
“As I read Katie’s book, I felt like I was reading Amy Carmichael. As Amy did in her life, Katie shows Jesus to be amazingly wonderful not only in what she writes, but also in how she selflessly cares for the fatherless. If you want to love Jesus more and better understand his love for the least of these, read Kisses from Katie. She is for our generation what Amy was for hers: a hero in fulfilling God’s call to care for orphans.”

I found Katie's blog a couple of years ago and have been challenged, encouraged, and amazed at her story. I look forward to the release of her book on October 4th and encourage all to read about her story of faith in caring for the orpahns and people of Uganda.

*More on classical education later this week

No comments: