Monday, November 12, 2007

Brooke Fraser


Ok, you seriously need to check this gal out. Some of the best "Christian" music (whatever that means) I have come across in along time. Actually, let me say it this way. Really there are very few artists in "Christian" music on a "Christian" label that I would actually buy a CD of (Delirious and Jason Morant, come to mind). Add this gal to the list.

Her voice is a cross between Sarah Mclaughlin and Christine Dente of Out of The Grey (old Christian band). This girl can flat out sing and the production and songs are great. As bad as this sounds, this record doesn't sound like a Christian record. It has a creative edge that is sadly missing from most Christian records these days. They will get there, but like 2-3 years from now. That is the norm. Enough of the rant...

My favorite songs would be (iTunes):

1. Shadowfeet
2. Love is Waiting
3. C.S. Lewis Song
4. Hosea's Wife
5. Hymn

On a different note, Brooke sang a great Cross-Centered song with Tim Hughes on his latest record that I really dig. It's called Clinging To the Cross. You can find it here (iTunes).

You can find her record here on Amazon.

3 comments:

emily said...

dude. i was just going to post about her too! I can't stop listening to her. I LOVE it!! SO good. I agree on your favs. Hymn is my theme song right now...and then Shadowfeet. GOOD stuff! I love the song Hosanna too, from Hillsong United.

Anonymous said...

She's actually from New Zealand if I'm correct. And she was more of a secular artist there I think. Andy Littmann (bass player here that you played with with BF) played some older CDs of her for me that he listened to and got into when he was over in New Zealand working. I guess she's been popular there for quite some time. He has a few of her much harder to get CDs I believe from her earlier days.

Anonymous said...

Aww she and Jeremy Shum are Christian cuties :)