Thursday, March 03, 2011

How To Grow Daughters in Grace


I have two daughters.  This post was helpful to me from Dave Bruskas.

He writes:

The “occasion” my daughters find themselves in most often is a war for their identity and image. They can either see themselves in the mirror of the world or see themselves as a mirror reflecting Jesus to the world. My constructive words can be the conduit of grace to them for this fight. Here is the progression I work through each day with each daughter:
  1. I affirm both the godly character and good works I see in her life. These two truly make a woman beautiful to those around her with opinions that matter (I Timothy 2:10).
  2. I compliment her appearance as she models modesty and self-control for all to see (I Timothy 2:9) and how her wardrobe, jewelry, hair, and make-up complement and highlight her countenance.
  3. I remind her that she is righteous in Christ. Nothing is more beautiful to the Father than the righteousness of his Son, and he sees my daughter through the lens of Jesus’ righteousness rather than her ugly disobedience. This means she is beautiful to the Father.
Read the rest.

No comments: