Friday, June 02, 2006

Can we talk about sex please?

Anthony Bradley (prof at Covenant Theological Seminary) has a great post about the need for Christians (especially white ones) to talk about sex more in a positive light in our churches and in our families. It think he is on to something here. I agree with his position and lament the fact that usually the only place young people hear about sex is on MTV, VH1, and myspace.com.

FYI - www.themarriagebed.com - I would like to offer this site for your consideration. After a brief overview, I don't think I agree with everything I read, but for sure it is overall a great resource.

1 comment:

Bob Hayton said...

Great post and good article!

I came across a phenomenal article on that subject a while ago from Credenda Adenda magazine (edited by Douglas Wilson). The article is entitled "Love in the Afternoon" by Douglas Jones. The issue it was from is available on line and is devoted to the topic "A Tower of Ivory: Sex and the Reformation". I blogged a little about it here.

I agree that Christians should enjoy and exercise dominion in this good gift of God--sex. We should not belittle or demean it.

God bless!

Bob Hayton