Thursday, June 22, 2006

Christian T-Shirt and Jazz



Yesterday at a show I saw a shirt for sale that said "Someday My Prince Will Come" - I assume this is referring to the return of "The Prince of Peace".

Just in case you didn't know, what this is referring to is the classic song from the Walt Disney movie "Snow White". What more of you probably don't know is that many different jazz artists have used this song for much diverse creative exploration. Here (iTunes) is one of my favorite arrangements from Keith Jarrett.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a little warning to all you Christian t-shirt makers out there who rip off company logos or slogans such as "Christ the King"(Calvin Kein) or "stand in the GAP"(well... GAP!) or "God the Father"(The Godfather). For years I have had a plan to strike it rich at your expence. I will take the most vicious, greedy copyright infringement lawyer I can find around to Christian festivals in exchange for a cut of the millions he sues for and receives because of your uncreative and illegal theft of corporate logos and slogans in your effort to... well I'm not quite sure what your effort is for other than making money off of the over zealous faithful. Now, it's probably not godly to sue your brothers with a greedy vicious lawyer, but i figure i'm simultaniously doing the body of Christ a favor by ridding the planet of your cheesy apparel that poses as clever evangelism but most often just comes off as annoying. So stop it now before I come and take your kids inheritance. I warned you.