Thursday, November 15, 2007

Les Miserables


Last night I watched the most recent film rendition of Victor Hugo's classic, Les Miserables. What an amazing movie! I am sorry to say that I never read the book when I was in high school and so I didn't know anything about the story. There are actually two scenes in this movie that I might consider to be the most powerful analogies of the gospel that I have ever seen on film. I highly recommend you watching this timeless work. It features stellar performances by Liam Neeson, Uma Thurman, and Geoffrey Rush.

You can get it here at Netflix. You don't use Netflix? You need to start.
Read reviews here on Rotten Tomatoes.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

When you read the book and then watch the movie...there is just no comparison!

I would recommend getting your hands on the 10th Anniversary edition on DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Miserables-Dream-Cast-Concert/dp/0767812131/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1195155048&sr=8-2

It will leave you speechless.

Heinen Girls said...

If you liked that movie, you MUST see the stage play. The music adds so much depth and emotion to a great story. I agree, that 10th anniversary DVD with a concert from the dream cast is amazing.

Anonymous said...

yes, the movie was quite fantastic, of course the stage play has the amazing music factor, i'd recommend a healthy dose of both