Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Packer on Daily Bread


In the last two weeks, I have been leading my home group through a study on The Lord's Prayer. J.I. Packers exposition of it in his book, Growing in Christ, has proved very helpful in my preparation. In light of recent discussions on this blog on the topic of money I thought this quote was particularly helpful:
Now comes the real test of faith. You, the Christian, have (I assume) prayed for today's bread (**my note: Packer defines "bread" as all the physical things that we need for sustenance, ie, food, clothing, employment, etc**). Will you now believe that what comes to you, much or little, is God's answer, according to the promise of Matthew 6:33? And will you on that basis be content with it, and grateful for it? Over to you.

No comments: