Saturday, February 02, 2008

My First Unintentionally Published Editorial

I don't know if you know this... but I'm kind of a big deal. Yeah, I am officially published now. I knew it was only a matter of time before the world would learn to sit at the feet of my brilliance. Now that I have gone public my boy JT has offered me a million dollar, 10 book publishing deal. My people, his people, you know the bit. I'm not sure they can handle my genuis, but at least they have been warned. I've got like 35 messages on my voicemail from Lifeway. We'll see if they can compete.

All stupidness aside, here is what happened: Before Lord's Supper service last Wed night a friend came up and said, "Well, now that you are published are you going to stick around?". She was joking, but I didn't know what she was talking about. She said that she read an editorial that I wrote in the latest issue (Feb 08) of Christianity Today. Now I really didn't know what she was talking about. I had zero reelection of writing anything into Christianity Today, but from the way she described it, it sounded like me. Later that night, when she read the article to me over the phone I discovered it was a transcription of this blog post dealing with the movie, The Golden Compass. I don't know how they got it, but maybe I emailed it in or something and don't remember, or maybe someone submitted it for me without asking me. Weird stuff.

If you want an autograph just let me know and I'll pray about it in an attempt to discern your worthiness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats bro

Seth Ward said...

Ha! That's so cool. And what a great post. I loved what you said about your kids.

Also... me thinks they should have told you, and/or paid you. That's called copyright infringement...

Seriously.

The Campbells said...

Are you credited for it?

Vitamin Z said...

yeah, they put my name on the bottom

Seth Ward said...

Okay, that's good. Thought it was a clean rip. It happens.

However, me thinks they are supposed to ask if it is longer than a paragraph. Wonder why they didn't?