Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Most Embarrassing

Bob Kauflin shares some most embarrassing worship leader moments.


Here is mine:

About 7 or 8 years ago I was on stage leading worship with my guitar and wearing my killer Garth Brooks headset mic (that is embarrassing enough). Usually these mics are wireless, but this one was not. I was hardwired to the microphone input in the floor, but I had enough slack to move. After we finished the last song, our pastor came up to pray before his message. I set my guitar to the side and went to sit down by my wife in the 3rd row. Unfortunately, I forgot to unplug my mic. Before I could reach my wife I was violently jerked back and about landed in the lap of Steve Alford (who was at the time the basketball coach for the University of Iowa) who was seating near the front. In the process the cord that was still attached knocked over a music stand with a loud crash and then our pastor proceeded to make fun of me as I attempted to loosen myself from the clutches of that stupid headset mic. I guess that's what I get for wearing that cheesy thing.

3 comments:

Scott Sterner said...

Zach. I don't know how many times I sat or stepped on that stupid headset mic. Every time I was like "oh crud, Zach's gonna kill me!" Then I'd try and bend it back to fit your mug so you wouldn't notice. Most of the time it worked.

Jim Coates said...

How funny... DGrimes and I were just hanging in the back hallway just this weekend making fun of said headset mic... which sits there in all of its splendor waiting for Z to return and put it to use.

Vitamin Z said...

Scoot,

That doesn't surprise me in the least. Mauler.

Jim,

Don't ask me twice. I'll be there I will rock that thing like it's 1995