Monday, May 19, 2008

Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs


I just got the new Death Cab For Cutie record today and it is GREAT. These guys might be a bit more indie than some of you are used to, but once you get into their style I think it will really grow on you. These guys are have a definite "voice" that is unique and refreshing. They orchestrate great parts and the songs are quirky but very catchy.

You can purchase it or listen to it by clicking on the Amazon link in my sidebar or just click here.

These are my favorite songs:
Cath...

Your New Twin Sized Bed

1 comment:

Owen said...

That's funny--I love "Cath". Love it to a very strong degree. Some songs grab you from the first time you hear them. They threaten to become a part of your life. They form a soundtrack for existence. "Brothers on a Hotel Bed" is like that for me, and "Cath" already is as well. Such beautiful, sorrowful music, and such sparse but slicing words. As if an emotion--in this case, sadness--was trapped and made into a song.

Death Cab really captures the depravity, emptiness, and loneliness of life outside of God. They don't intend to, necessarily, but they look at life with a piercing honesty.

We have similar taste, I think.