Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Floods In My Home State


I don't know if this is getting national attention at all (because I never watch or read the news) but the state of Iowa and particularly two cities in Iowa that I have spent most of my life in, Iowa City and Cedar Falls, are getting hit really hard by what people are calling a 500 year flood.   My buddy and former boss, Scott, has posted some pictures from Parkview Church (where he currently works and where I used to work).  

I talked to my Dad today and he said it's not looking good at all for many different sections of the state and they are projected to have more rain everyday this week.  Not good.  If you think of it, please pray for the people in Iowa.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya - the national news coverage hasn't said much at all that I can see about Iowa. Wisconsin and Indiana have taken precedent with the severe flooding, video of whole houses sliding off hills and floating down the river intact, etc. (amazing footage if you haven't seen it.) So Iowa is sort of getting left out of the picture. I'm up in Chicago for the Willow Arts Conference (teaching) - it's weird to be seeing all of this from afar and not be there!

- John Carlson

Caroline said...

I hear you! I have family in Iowa as well and we definitely need to send prayers that way.