Tuesday, July 01, 2008

John Mayer - Where The Light Is


As I write this right now I am listening to the first track of John Mayer's new life CD/DVD - "Where The Light Is". Words are failing... So inspiring. This guy truly is a musical prodigy/genius. Guys like this only come around every few hundred years or so. Just listen to the 30 sec clip in iTunes or AmazonMP3 of just him and his guitar. I think you'll get the point. Combine his skill on his guitar (which is unreal, but there are many other guys who can do what he does there), with his great voice, and his beautifully poetic and his wise WAY beyond his age lyrics and I think you get why I think this guy is so unique.

I guess this recording is divided into him playing by himself, doing an acoustic set with a few other musicians, a few more songs with the trio (Steve Jordan on drums, and Pino on bass) and then a full band set. 22 songs.

Here (John Mayer - Where the Light Is - John Mayer Live In Los Angeles)on iTunes for the audio recording.

Here (Where the Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles)on iTunes for the movie.

Here on Amazon for the DVD.

Here on Amazon for the audio recording.


The "Where The Light Is" tracklisting is as follows:

Acoustic Set:
1. Neon
2. Stop This Train
3. L.A. Song
4. Daughters
5. Free Fallin'

Trio Set:
6. Everyday I Have The Blues
7. Wait Until Tomorrow
8. Who Did You Think I Was
9. Come When I Call
10. Good Love Is On The Way
11. Out Of My Mind
12. Vultures
13. Bold As Love

Band Set:
14. Waiting On The World To Change
15. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
16. Why Georgia
17. The Heart Of Life
18. I Don't Need No Doctor
19. Gravity
20. I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
21. Belief
22. I'm Gonna Find Another You

2 comments:

Ryan Phelps said...

"Guys like this only come around every few hundred years or so."

Wow, you have a serious man-crush. I don't doubt his prowess, and I might even be inclined to agree that he is one of the best singer-songwriter-musicians in the last 60 years (seeing as this genre has only been around for as long). But the last few hundred years? Man-crush.

Vitamin Z said...

I fully embrace the man-crush. No shame.

z