Monday, October 06, 2008

D.A. Carson on Suffering

This weekend D. A. Carson spoke at a conference on suffering at Omaha Bible Church:
  1. Making Sense of Suffering - Part 1
  2. Making Sense of Suffering - Part 2
  3. Making Sense of Suffering - Part 3
  4. Making Sense of Suffering - Part 4 (Gospel Reflections on Trials and Tribulations)

DAC also led a pastor’s session on “Preaching and Biblical Theology.”


Since having read Carson's book on suffering, How Long, O Lord? Reflections on Suffering and Evil, I have mentioned this to many folks and so I'll say it here too: I think this book is a must read for every Christian. I would put it in my top 10 essential books for every Christian. In this book he is thoroughly pastoral and theological on the topic of suffering. Since suffering is a universal human experience we should know how to think about it Biblically and Dr. Carson is one who I'd be first to learn from.



(HT: Andy Naselli)

No comments: