1. Being a self-appointed music critic is often just a sign of pride.Read the rest of his post for his reflection on these points.
2. Music doesn’t define us.
3. Great songs don’t always sound great the first time through.
4. The introduction to a song isn’t the same thing as the song.
5. Listening to music the masses have never heard of doesn’t make us better.
6. Listening to music that is massively popular doesn’t make us better.
7. Learning to appreciate unfamiliar music is one way to prefer others.
8. Learning to like other kinds of music can open my eyes to God’s creativity.
9. We may have to eat our words.
10. We might be missing an opportunity to be grateful for God’s gifts.
Monday, December 08, 2008
Bob Kauflin gives 10 reasons to give musical opinions humbly. They are: