Friday, January 23, 2009

"If you claim that President Obama is not staunchly pro-abortion, then you are either uninformed or willfully ignorant"

Dustin Steeve:

I make this strong statement because the evidence stands overwhelmingly in opposition to anyone who would make the above claim. It is unfair to the integrity of public discourse that one should continue to make this claim in public debates. The evidence I speak of has been centralized in one place by a number of prominent, pro-life intellectuals. Robert George, Hadley Arkes, and Francis Beckwith have begun a new website, MoralAccountability.com, in order to shine the light on the new President's record on abortion.

We are in a time of economic crisis. According to the press and popular belief, many people are losing jobs, losing homes, and losing retirement investments. Nonetheless, tax day is quickly approaching and each of us will have to open our wallets to pay the government its due. And what will President Obama do with that money? He will fund overseas abortions.

Read the rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does their website look remarkably similar to DesiringGod?

Melissa said...

I also read today that Obama already signed this legislature. I find it interesting b/c when he was asked by the Pro Life groups to stop down during their demonstration he insisted that it was "not the government's place to interfere in a personal family matter." Why, then, is it the gov't's responsibility (and our tax dollars) to fund this "personal family matter"? He's obviously getting "involved," just not the way that I would prefer him to. I believe life begins at conception. And I firmly believe that my tax dollars should not be supporting something I am so morally opposed to. Do we really think this will reduce abortions? Seriously. Greater accessibility naturally leads to greater consumption.

I was really hopeful that his heart would change on this matter. But....I am resting in the Lord as He has allowed Obama to have this position of leadership. I pray that his heart will be touched somehow. I look at my little guys' eyes and can't imagine this world without him! (and he was given virtually no hope for survival....thankfully we trusted in the Lord and they were wrong).