Monday, January 19, 2009

Leaving for Covenant Seminary Today


Today I'll am heading out with two other guys from my church to Covenant Seminary in St. Louis. I am taking my final class for my Masters degree. It's class on the book of Job with Dr. Greg Perry. These classes for the ACCESS program are always a huge blessing in my life and I'm sure this one will be no different.

I also will be presenting my Capstone project which is part of the requirement for graduation. My project will be a performance presentation on the parallels between a good jazz combo and healthy ecclesiology. I have hired two of St. Louis' finest jazz musicians to play with me and I'll be drawing out points of intersection between the jazz combo and healthy church life. Should be a fun time. If the video and audio turn out ok I'll run a youtube series of it here on the blog.

Hopefully blogging will continue this week, but might be a bit more light.

2 comments:

JT said...

I pray this Capstone presentation would go much better than your last one!!

Tractor

Eric S. said...

When I took preaching at Southern, we watched a video of a chapel preacher (from the old Southern days) who played piano during the "sermon," which was on how preaching in like jazz.

Honestly, it was a terrible sermon. But, great piano. Fun to watch.

I'm looking forward to your videos!