Monday, February 09, 2009

"This Shows The Power of Love And The Power of Grace"



Anthony Bradley:

This is the most amazing thing I've seen. Seriously, you have to watch this. He's a Southern white man finally ready to come to terms with his role in the oppression of blacks in the South. He actually beat John Lewis and changed his racist views. Some folks in my family believe that whites are actually incapable of doing what this man did.

I wonder what it would take for southern Christians to actually confess, repent, personally like this man did for either active participation or passive by-standing--especially as denominational statements issued in recent years mean very little to the black community. My mother was recently telling about being spat on approaching a "whites only" establishment in North Carolina, I'm trying to imagine the look on her face if I gave her a denominational statement.

Rep. Lewis said, "this shows the power of love and the power of grace."

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Beautiful.