Monday, March 16, 2009

Don't Forgot About Your Gun!

Leadership guru John Maxwell was recently arrested in an airport on weapons charges. He should be commended for coming right out in the open and talking about it on his blog and not trying to hide anything. He writes:

The reason I started blogging was to teach leadership and try to add value to you, my readers. But in today’s post I need to tell you something of a more personal nature.

I’ve done a lot of stupid things in my life. Early in my marriage I would win arguments with my wife, Margaret, and hurt her feelings really badly. I have made business moves that lost tens of thousands of dollars at a time. And I’ve made leadership decisions that led to failures for my organizations. But up until now, none of the dumb things I’ve done has gotten me arrested.

Read the rest here.

(HT: MMI)

4 comments:

GrayDave said...

20 years ago I would have thought Maxwell was an idiot. Now, as I have hit 50, I can see that anything is possible when it comes to forgetfulness!

Anonymous said...

Maxwell's forthrightness and humility here are great-- a model for all Christians. With that said, I'm puzzled by the fact that he is considered to be a "Christian leadership" teacher (or is he a "leadership teacher" who happens to be a Christian?), when on his website, one can click the "About" link and find absolutely no mention of God, Christ, or the Bible.

Anonymous said...

Clarification: The website to which I referred is JohnMaxwell.com (rather than his blog), and the link that I mentioned is "About John." I still don't understand it though-- his books are in the Christian section of many bookstores, yet the biographical link on his website says absolutely nothing about God, Christ, or the Bible. Maybe his books are better?

Anonymous said...

I contacted John on his blog to ask him about the above perplexities. I don't know if he has the time to answer, but it's worth a try!