Thursday, March 05, 2009

Our Task


Our task is to take time each day to remember these truths about ourselves, and to live accordingly. If we have crucified the flesh (which we have), then we must leave it securely nailed to the cross, where it deserves to be; we must not finger the nails. And if we live in the Spirit (which we do), then we must walk by the Spirit. So when the tempter comes with evil insinuations, we must round on him savagely, and say to him: 'I belong to Christ. I have crucified the flesh. It is altogether out of the question that I should even dream of taking it down from the cross.' Again, 'I belong to Christ. The Spirit dwells within me. So I shall set my mind on the things of the Spirit and walk by the Spirit, according to His rule and line, from day to day.'
- John Stott, Galatians, p. 154

No comments: