Monday, May 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Zach!


This is actually Zach's wife, Kim, writing as a guest (albeit uninvited) for Zach's birthday. I have been so blessed to be married to this man for almost 11 years now and am celebrating today who God created him to be and what He has done in Zach's life for the last 33 years. As many of you have been able to observe through knowing Zach or even through his posts, he is a godly man who strives to know God and make Him known, love Him with all his heart, mind, soul and strength and encourage others to do likewise. He is a faithful and loving husband and father who seeks to lead our family in a way that brings glory to God. He is one of the most talented musicians I know, but more importantly to me and many others is the way He leads us each week into the presence of God; his excellence in his music is a means to glorify God and also reach out to a community of musicians who does not know Christ. I have grown more through this man than any other in my life and I am so thankful for him.

One of Zach's primary ways He feels loved is through words of affirmation. For those of you who know Zach personally or those of you who have been encouraged and challenged through this blog, would you join me in celebrating his life by writing him words of affirmation and encouragment.

I love you much, hon and God willing, look forward to many more rich, deep years to come!
Kim

13 comments:

Lon Graham said...

Happy Birthday, Zach! I have been very much blessed by your blog. May God richly bless you this day and for many years to come.

Patricia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACH! May God pour out in abundance His blessings on you this day - and in the days and years to come.

Thank you for your faithful service to the Body of Christ (I Peter 4:10) in your daily doses of Vitamin Z.

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace" I Peter 4:10 (ESV)

JT said...

Zach--whom I also call "hon"--Happy birthday, brother. I thank God for that class where we sat together baffled and provoked in Jerry's class, and then later as roommates as you tried to get your beauty sleep during relay races with pans of Hamburger Helper.

Thanks for being a good friend and example to me throughout these years.

Yours in Christ,

JT

Thomas said...

Zach,

What you do on this blog may seem like a small thing to you, but I know that many people think it's a pretty big and important thing. I'm one of them, so thanks and happy Birthday!

Zack said...

Yay for wives hijacking their husband's blog!

And happy birthday!

Bull said...

Hey, I don't know you, but I've been reading and linking to your blog for quite some time. I'm usually not a big blog commenter, especially on the blogs of folks I don't know. But for some reason I thought today I'd leave you some encouragement and let you know how much one random bozo in Alabama appreciates what you are doing. I don't even know how I found your blog the first time, but I always find your posts insightful or entertaining (sometimes both). It's very evident that your faith impacts every area of your life, and the Lord is definitely using you to have an impact on a lot of people. I hope you have a great birthday, and that you keep on doing what you do. God bless you brother.

Christopher Lake said...

Zach,

Happy birthday, brother! Thank you for your ministry to us at DSC, in person (and through the blog), and to many other people around the world, through this blog. I have learned from you, through both your words and actions, and I am grateful to you and to God. Have a blessed birthday!

Doug said...

Happy Belated B-Day Zach! You are a gift to the church and a brother who leads by example. Keep doing what you're doing. You're a blessing to many.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from an older sister in the Lord who found your blog when thrust into leading our church's praise band and searching for encouragement. Blessings from you include links to those great deals on Ella Fitzgerald and Pet Sounds (a high school favorite) and to the worship resources from Bob Kauflin. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Zach, I don't know you either, but your blog is one of my favorites. Seriously! I skim all the usual suspects one might expect, but you and JT are the only 2 stops I *have to* make each day. It’s a huge blessing. Thank you & Happy Birthday! ~ Brian

Simeon said...

Zach, you don't know me and I don't know you, but I've been really blessed by your blog.

Happy birthday and keep enjoying God.

Simeon

Marny said...

Happy Birthday and thanks for your blog, it's fantastic!

Clint Hogrefe said...

Hey Zach, I first met you when the Salty Dogs were the worship band at the YMCA of the Rockies at the Rocky Mountain High Reformed church youth conference. I was a youth pastor and you guys were the highlight of the conference. Happy Birthday and thanks for your thoughtful posts and humble example of a pastor, husband, father, and disciple.