Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Z Music - Improv in Eb

I think I might start posting video of some musical things I am working on. Some of you will dig it, some of you won't. I know that, but think it is important to keep a record of your progress with anything you do, so this will be one way I can do that and perhaps some of you might enjoy looking in on it.

This first video is an improvisation that I played today when I started practicing. These are ideas that I have messed around with before, but I had no set plan when I started playing this piece. The beginning and ending chord progressions serve as bookends that are more choral in nature. I like how they sound. The middle section is more funky and all improvisation in my right hand with a static chord structure in my left.

I hope you enjoy it.

9 comments:

docta j said...

First of all FANTASTIC. Secondly, have you ever thought about submitting things like this to "whisperings radio?" They feature piano only artists and this is PERFECT for that genre (as a long time listener). Just a thought! Great blog.

weaver said...

Ahhh.....Z music. Thanks, bro. Always a pleasure to hear you play. More please.

Seth Ward said...

Lovin' it!

Joe Selness said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

You love that Fmin9 shape, don't you? I guess if I could reach that G that easily with my left thumb, I would, too.

You and I should be friends. Are we yet? :0)

Kelly Moore said...

Very nice Zach! I love piano music, especially when it surprises you. I really liked the contrast between the first and last sets of chords and the jazzy center stuff. Keep it coming (and make it available on mp3 download so we can compile some Z time tunes on our iPods).

Vitamin Z said...

Matthew,

As far as I am concerned we are BFF.

z

Vitamin Z said...

Yes and I do love that min9 shape.

z

Matt Blick said...

Beautiful Zach