Monday, June 08, 2009

Rock The Bible Camp

This week my rock star buddy, Ian, and I are leading music for about 80 high school kids from Amarillo, TX (no offense, but I am not a fan of Amarillo, TX, you can read why here) at Lone Tree Bible Camp near Capitan, NM. Elevation = 7,000 ft., beautiful vistas, and dry as a desert. It is a desert, so dryness is rather appropriate. High ropes course, trust falls, water slides, spiritual highs on the last night of camp with kids crying, you know the drill.

We just finished setting up all our gear, sound checking, and rehearsing a bit. Met the camp director and he showed us some pics on his cell phone that he took of bear tracks that we found no far from the camp. Great.

On our way out here we stopped at a little diner in Middle of Nowhere, NM that was straight out of a scene from No Country For Old Men. It was creepy, but I had one of the best cheeseburgers ever. When three county sheriffs came in I half expected Tommy Lee Jones to follow in behind them. (You have to see the movie).

My drummer Ian is sad because last night his cat ran away and has not come back yet. It's a crushing blow.

I'll be live blogging this camp all week. (Not really). This is what I did today, hope your day is going well.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Are y'all at the fort or the ranch?

Vitamin Z said...

I think it's the ranch...

Erin said...

I've spent many nights at Lone Tree for retreats, but mostly at the fort. I always preferred Sivells or Bonita or Sacramento since they were more conventionally pretty, but the view of the stars at Lone Tree was probably the best. Have fun.

Doug said...

hey man ... i know my buddy Lisle, camp speaker, and Ryan Miller (Student Pastor) are pumped that you're leading worship for this thing. Wish I could be there to take in all the NM scenery and hang with some UNI grads! Have a great week brother.

Kyle said...

Say hi to Steve for me!!