Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Snow Leopard - Should I Upgrade?

Appstorm says "yes":
  1. Price – $29 is an absolute bargain
  2. Speed – So many different technologies promise improved performance, I expect the overall effect to be very noticeable (particularly as I’m using a relatively new MacBook Pro)
  3. 6GB of Space – Freeing up 6GB of hard drive space just by installing Snow Leopard is particularly welcome
  4. Faster Backups – I haven’t mentioned this as a major feature, but 50% faster Time Machine backups would be very useful
  5. Future-Proofed – I’m excited to see the impact of these new underlying technology changes on third party apps, and I expect developers will have some great ideas for improving application performance.
Read more about it here.

1 comment:

asc said...

6gb for $29 = ~$5/gig
500gb new HDD from new egg for $89 = $0.18/gig

for negligible software upgrades...?