Monday, August 03, 2009

Al Mohler on "The Case For Early Marriage"

Al Mohler gives his take on the article that I linked to on Saturday called, "The Case for Early Marriage".

What I find interesting is that we are calling it "early". It is "early" only in the last 20 years or so. For most of known civilization, the normative time for marriage was soon after sexual maturation. Something to think about...

A potential objection will be, "It's just not as easy as, 'I want to get married, thus I will do so!'"

Finding a suitable mate is for some people is a very difficult process, but I believe the point in these articles is to draw attention to what seems to be a complete lack of priorities when it comes to marriage. Work, money, ease, independence, and sexual "freedom", etc, are being considered more heavily than the priority (for those not called to celibacy) of displaying the gospel through marriage and observing the commandment to "be fruitful and multiply".

I would encourage you to read these two articles if you have not already.

No comments: