Friday, August 07, 2009

Great Gospel Gift for Your Wife

Guest post by Doug Wolter

If you're like me, you are always on the lookout for ways you can encourage your wife in her walk with the Lord. The daily stress of home life makes it easy for our wives to identify with Martha who "was distracted with much serving" and hard to relate to Mary who "sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching" (Luke 10:39-40).

A few weeks ago, I gave my wife a book by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick called, Comforts from the Cross: Celebrating the Gospel One Day at a Time. I can't tell you how many times she's pulled me aside and read a portion of it to me with passion and conviction in her voice. The book is broken up into short, daily readings that celebrate the good news of the gospel and show how these truths apply to real life. I highly recommend it as a great gospel gift to your wife. Here is my wife's personal recommendation:
Comforts from the Cross has reminded me of the grace of God I so easily forget. My view of His grace is too small!

No comments: