Tuesday, August 04, 2009

An Introduction of My Guest Bloggers For The Rest of This Week

Tomorrow, I'll be leaving to attend the Worship God Conference at Covenant Life Church in Maryland. I thought it would be a good time to step away from the blog. In my absence I have asked some of my best blogging friends to take over for a few days. I wanted to take a full post to introduce them to you and thank them in advance for their work here to keep the Vitamin Z rolling. As you read below, check out their links. All of them have been greatly blessed by the Lord and I know they will provide much grace-filled insight for the rest of the week.

Michael Kelley - Michael is a very gifted person. As evidenced by the picture above, he recently tried out for the 2009 television remake of "Chips". It didn't work out so well so he decided to guest blog here.

Michael is an extremely talented Bible teacher and communicator. He speaks to various different groups throughout the year in many different places and settings. Michael and I met each other in when we lived in Nashville and have remained friends since. He currently works for Threads, the young adult initiative of Lifeway Christian Resources, where he is the editor for Bible studies for young adults. He has two beautiful children and is married to Jana.



Carlos Griego - Carlos is the college and young adult minister at Desert Springs Church in Albuquerque, NM where I serve as well. He is passionate about the gospel, loves to teach the Bible, is a great Dad and likes to watch UFC and New Mexico Lobo basketball. He hopes to be a church planter one day and from what I know of him, he will do very well in that role.



Jason Kovacs - Jason works for The ABBA Fund and blogs here. He was instrumental in helping us bring Mya home. He has a passion to see the church rise up for the sake of orphan care. He and his wife Shawnda recently returned home from Uganda with their newly adopted son. Jason is a great man of God and we have much to learn from him. I have never actually met the guy in person, but we have logged some good time on the phone and email!



Scott Sterner - Scott is the Pastor of Operations and Arts Ministry at Parkview Church in Iowa City, IA where I worked for five years before we moved to Nashville. Scott was my boss at Parkview and remains a dear friend. In May of 2010, he will be one of my church planting partners in Madison, WI. He currently is studying at Covenant Theological Seminary through their ACCESS program towards a Masters in Theological Studies. He is married to Carrie and they have five beautiful children.



Kim Nielsen - My wife. Queen of hotness. Superstar Mom. Gracious in word and deed. Wicked smart. I could go on and on. She would be a rockstar in the blogsphere if she wanted to. Perhaps this week she'll give you a glimpse into her genius.

No comments: