Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Blessing of Ultrasound Technology

I remember the first time I saw my one of my children on the ultrasound. I remember feeling the weight of being a parent and marveling at the power of technology. I also remember feeling sick at the prospect of so many babies being intentionally murdered who were at the same stage as the image I was seeing of my son.

It was staggering to also witness the change in ultrasound technology from the birth of my 1st child, to just 5 short years later with the birth of my third child. With my third it was almost as if I could reach out and touch him or plainly see if he looked more like me or my wife. The dimensions were so much more rich and personal.

On September 18 the inventor of ultrasound imaging, Dr. John J. Wild, died at the age of 95. What a blessing this technology has been.



(HT: Jill Stanek)

No comments: