Friday, September 18, 2009

Why Memorize Scripture?

Paul Adams:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We live from the inside out. What we think (as well as how we think) matters. What goes into our minds comes out in our lives. This is the main reason I’ve titled my website “Teaching Minds, Changing Hearts,” because it is the content in our minds that drives the change of our hearts. Yes we have moments when we act before we think, but predominantly our thought life dictates the course of action that we take.

Over the years, I’ve memorized hundreds of Bible verses and it’s made a huge difference in my thought life. While the movement from my mind to my life has been slow, I wonder what kind of person I would be if I did not have the knowledge of God’s Word in my life. So, I’d like to say a few things about memorization of Scripture.

Everyone can memorize. It takes no special skill.

Read it all here.

(HT: Chris Brauns)

No comments: