Thursday, September 24, 2009

Windows 7 Marketing - A New Low



Gawker.com:
Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 7, is available to the public Oct. 22. So why not host an awkward launch party for a perfectly diverse group of your friends? Microsoft made an unbearable video tutorial to get you going.

Clearly meant to have a lively, "fun" feel, the painful video is so over-the-top bad we thought it first it must be a hoax. But Microsoft's in-house blogger has been touting these events, which are being organized by an apparently well-established marketing company that specializes in getting people to shill products to their friends at sketchy "house parties." Said marketing company owns the YouTube channel where this video appeared.


11 comments:

weaver said...

Z-I don't know which is worse...this video or the fact that I actually watched it. Speaking of Windows 7...I had a chance to see it in action. It's got some neat features that are very mac-esque.

sean.b said...

I think that's an awesome idea! I'd totally go to one if I was invited.

And it's better than Mac's commercials. They employ so many kinds of logical fallacies it makes me sick. I mean, if the only way they can make their product look good is by trying to disclaim someone else....definitely not a good sign!!

JT said...

WoW.

amy Romero said...

i don't get this at all...they're asking people to actually host parties to teach people all the advantages of windows 7? are you sure it's not a joke? it's sooooo stupid!

Anonymous said...

I like parties. TDE

Scott Sterner said...

Dude. That made me throw up in my mouth a little!!!!! Terrible!

Luke said...

I'm a PC, and I've been made into a stereotype…for a REALLY GOOD REASON.

asc said...

Almost like a SNL spoof

Vitamin Z said...

Exactly.

z

Parker said...

did you notice that they didn't have any beer at their party? thats a bad sign.

Dan, Erin and Jacob said...

I like how the clock on the oven in the background starts around 3:00 and ends after 5:00. Just to be clear, they shot around 2 hours of video and this was the best 6 minutes they could salvage. Scary. Imagine how painful the other hour and 54 minutes of video must have been.