Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jesus Storybook Bible Deluxe Edition

Last night, before putting the kids to bed, we cracked open our new Jesus Storybook Bible Deluxe Edition. In the new edition you get very high quality recordings of each chapter read by this guy:













He has the wicked cool British accent and uses various different voices for the characters. The kids LOVED it. We listened to two in a row, but they probably would have sat through the whole book if I would have let them. This resource is simply biblical theology for kids. I was never taught biblical theology as a kid. As I sat in seminary classes a few years ago, I wondered, "How come I was never taught this stuff?" I can't stress enough how important it is to be able to articulate the storyline of the Bible and this book will help you and your kids do it, now in a "deluxe" way.

Check it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can never look at David Suchet and not think "Hercule Poirot shaved his 'stache off?!"

Doug Connell said...

We, too, just got this. My mother-in-law picked it up for us and brought it over (we live and work overseas.)

It is awesome! Just reading the stories to my kids is great too - there are times when, because of the Truth in each story, I almost tear up.