Monday, November 23, 2009

Ripped

Trevin Wax has an interesting review of the book Ripped: How the Wired Generation Revolutionized Music. He writes:
In my desk drawer at home, I have a large collection of CDs. Years have gone by since I last touched many of those CDs. Yet I still listen to the music, now conveniently stored on my computer hard drive. My big CD collection is now a large iTunes playlist. I’m not the only music-lover who has gone digital.

Ripped: How the Wired Generation Revolutionized Music tells the story of the transformation of music that has taken place in the past decade. Digital music has changed everything. The music industry has faced an unprecedented number of challenges, leading one analyst to call the changes “a technological freak out.”

Read the rest.

No comments: