Monday, March 29, 2010

Reflections on my Recording Today

Recording is hard. It's like standing naked in front of the mirror. Not fun and you are painfully aware of all your little imperfections. Mentally it is very hard to concentrate and give it your best effort for 5-6 hours. All in all it went well. We recorded 8 tunes and I hope to be able to release all eight. We took three takes of each tune and I'll just pick the best one.

Here was the set list:

1. Come As You Are (Nirvana, my jazz arrangement)
2. Message in a Bottle (The Police, my jazz arrangement)
3. Solar (Miles Davis)
4. La Belle Dame Sans Regrets (Sting)
5. Beautiful Love (Victor Hugo)
6. Black Nile (Wayne Shorter)
7. Nardis (Miles Davis)
8. The Face of Love (Esbjörn Svensson)

Stay tuned for more info on how you can pick up your copy from AmazonMP3.com.

No comments: