Monday, April 19, 2010

Desiring Redemption From Circumstances More Than Desiring The Redeemer

In light of my current situation this post from Drew Buell was a GREAT reminder for me:
If you’ve ever been in what feels like a desperate situation, you know that questions like these can make you feel as though the walls are closing in around you. You begin to theorize and strategize and to frantically search for any means of escape or redemption.

These feelings aren’t limited to financial situations, they can be equally true of the mother struggling with a disobedient child who only wants him to obey, or of the pastor struggling with a critical church member who only wants to have a church business meeting without any fights, or of the business owner who only wants to see the economy turn around so that he can stay in business. What they all have in common is the passionate desire for some kind of redemption from difficult circumstances.

What I’ve come to realize is that the great danger in these moments is not that God will not deliver me, but rather that I begin to desire redemption from my circumstances more than I desire the Redeemer.
Read the rest.  

BTW - we just sold our house yesterday.  Praise God. 

No comments: