Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Guest Bloggers for Wed-Sat

My wife and I are traveling to Madison, WI Wednesday through Saturday to hunt around for housing and also do some networking.  As a result I will taking a much needed blog break, but...

I have a GREAT team of guest bloggers lined up while I am away.  You'll want to check out all their personal blogs if you don't already and be sure to tune in the rest of this week for some great posts.  My guest blogger are:

Chris Brauns:
Chris Brauns is the senior pastor of the Congregational Christian Church of Stillman Valley (www.theredbrickchurch.org).  Given that he has an MBA from the University of Northern Iowa, he was pleased with the win over Kansas.  Chris also has degrees from Central College, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.  Chris’s book, Unpacking Forgiveness was published by Crossway and he is currently writing a book with Moody designed to be a resource for churches looking for a pastor, scheduled for release in early 2011.  Prior to going to seminary, Chris worked in product development and applied statistics for the medical diagnostics division of Bayer.  Chris and his wife, Jamie, have four children: Allison (16), Chris (14), Ben (12), and Mary Beth (7).  As a family, they enjoy reading, sports, and being outside.  You can read Chris’s blog, “A Brick in the Valley,” at www.chrisbrauns.com.

Bryan Lopez:
My name is Bryan Lopez and I reside in the “Land of Enchantment” (New Mexicom).  I am a Systems Engineer who happens to be a theology major (don’t ask how those are related, because I still don’t know other than they both require logic). I have an amazing and beautiful wife who is by far more talented, organized, and stronger than I. We have three amazing kids who never cease to amaze me and fill me with humility and joy. We are also in the process of adopting from Ethiopia, we hope to bring home our baby by December of this year. My wife and I own a company call Baby Zoowon that supports orphan care and adoption, check us out. If you want to know more about me check out my blog at www.bryanlopez.com.

Darryl Dash:
Darryl pastors at Richview Baptist Church in Toronto, Canada. He and his wife, Charlene, have two children: Christina (15) and Josiah (11).  Darryl blogs at www.dashhouse.com.

Dan Cruver:
Dan Cruver is the co-founder and director of Together for Adoption, an organization that was founded to mobilize the church to care for orphans by providing gospel-centered resources that explore our adoption in Christ and its profound implications for the global orphan crisis. Dan regularly writes and speaks about the Gospel and its implications for earthly adoption and the care of orphans. He recently wrote the foreword to Heirs with Christ: The Puritans on Adoption by Dr. Joel Beeke. He and his wife, Melissa, have three children, two of whom were adopted.

Jonathan Dodson:
I am happy husband to Robie and proud father of Owen and Ellie. I serve as lead pastor of Austin City Life in Austin, Texas where our mission is to redemptively engage peoples and cultures. I also serve on the board of the following organizations: Acts 29 Texas, PlantR, and Music for the City.
I obtained a B.A. in Anthropology, and M.Div and Th.M degrees in Theology from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. I’ve authored Fight Clubs: Gospel-centered Discipleship, as well as a number of articles in various journals and webzines such as The Journal of Biblical Counseling, The Resurgence, The High Calling, and Boundless. I enjoy being with my family, my church, listening to Midlake and M. Ward, blogging, reading, and smoking my pipe.

Doug Wolter:
I am a happy husband and proud daddy of two girls and one boy.  I serve as pastor of children and education at LaGrange Baptist Church in LaGrange, Kentucky where I’m zealous to see the gospel unite us and propel us as a community on mission together for the glory of God.  I enjoy reading, blogging, exercising, and doing life together with my church and family.  I also had the privilege of sharing a house with Zach while attending the now famous University of Northern Iowa!

Michael Kelley:
I’m a Christ-follower, husband, dad, author and speaker. Thanks for stopping here to dialogue with me about what it means to live deeply in all the arenas of life.  I live in Nashville, Tennessee, with my wife Jana who is living proof of the theory that males are far more likely to marry over their heads than females are. We have three great kids, Joshua (5) and Andi (2), and Christian (less than 1). They remind me on a daily basis how much I have to grow in being both a father and a child.  I work full time for Lifeway Christian Resources, where I’m a Bible study editor. I also get out on the road some to speak in different churches, conferences and retreats.  I also like fruit-flavored candy.

Jared Wilson:
I'm the husband of Becky, the father of Macy and Grace, a writer of books, and the pastor of a great church. Most importantly, I am a follower of Jesus.  My passion is for the spread of gospel wakefulness in the evangelical church.  My books Your Jesus is Too Safe and Abide are available now.

No comments: