Friday, April 23, 2010

J-Knapp on Larry King

Denny Burk:
The singer will appear on “Larry King Live” tonight along with Clay Aiken, Ted Haggard and others. Here’s Mark Moring’s report on one of CT’s blogs:


Jennifer Knapp, a former Christian music star who recently revealed that she is in a lesbian relationship, will be the featured guest on Larry King Live on Friday, April 23. The CNN show airs at 9 p.m. Eastern, 6 p.m. Pacific.


The one-time Grammy nominee and multiple Dove Award winner walked away from music in 2003, but has been making a comeback in recent months, doing a number of tour dates and gearing up to release her new album, Letting Go, in May.


Knapp will be joined on Larry King Live by Clay Aiken (a singer who came out two years ago), Pastor Bob Botsford (an evangelical pastor who wants Knapp to repent of her lifestyle), and disgraced preacher Ted Haggard. Knapp is speaking openly and honestly about her lifestyle, while also maintaining that she clings to the Christian faith. Should be a fascinating conversation.

3 comments:

Mady Bead Good said...

Hi, I only watched half the show.I wanted to see it all, but I will catch it later. I never heard of Jenn. Knapp before, but I LUV Luv Luv her. I had heard about the topic, so I HAD to watch. When it comes to gay rights I am at the forefront of the fight...(As much as I can be)

Jenn to me seems very intelligent and very easily speaks about her life. I totally agree with everything she had to say. The difference is that I am not able to be soft spoken about my ideas. I admire the fact that she can get her point across with such ease, quietness and aplomb. I on the other hand look at this situation as a reason to scream, but that is JUST ME!

When the pastor came out I knew I would not "love" him. You come out yelling that this woman is a sinner, lololololol, and spew the USUAL rant of the bible thumpers.
I loved when Jenn asked him if he CHOSE to love women? LOLOL WHAT could he say, duh????????????? He sounded like a 9 year old. ONCE you admit that you DO NOT CHOOSE...that's all she wrote...at LEAST on THAT particular question.

I will watch the rest of the show later and perhaps add another post. Oh by the way, I am neither gay nor Christian. I will be looking to hear Jennifer Knapp's NEW songs. I honestly did not understand what it meant, but it sounded nice. Maybe it's the age gap. Anyway, YOU GO GIRL. Best of luck to you.

Becky

asc said...

Transcript here:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/23/lkl.01.html

Didn't finish it...but impressed by Haggard with what I read. Praise God for effective grace.

Anonymous said...

Saw the whole thing.
Clay Aiken was not on the show.

Jen seemed a bit confused at points (which is good).

Haggard was good, perhaps a bit softer than I'd have liked.

Botsford missed a couple of opportunities on refuting things like the greek translation stuff and Larry's question about how we could be born a certain way that is sinful, etc.. (Botford's not reformed of course).

Larry King was great as the moderator. He didn't let anyone off the hook easily. He pressed Jen a few times and she looked a bit uncomfortable about what the Bible says, etc..

Also, THaggard reported having had a long discussion after the taping with JKnapp and BBotsford on Galatians 2. JKnapp tweeted - deeply impressed with THaggard on the set. A bit of a + buzz on the exchange in JK's close circle of friends on twitter.