Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Technology Helps Us Numb The Pain

Carl Trueman:
Above all, the iPhone phenomenon speaks of the need to be continually occupied with texts, tweets and whatever.  The obsession with texting and these other phenomena is indicative of the general noise we need to generate to keep ourselves occupied.   One of those things which calls to mind Pascal: the measure of true human being is the ability to sit alone in silence in a room.   Were we to do that, in our fallen state we would have no choice but to face our own mortality, the ultimate hopeless futility of our existence without God.

Have a nice day.
Read the rest.

Uh... I am trying to get a job at the Apple Store in Madison right now.  I probably won't be quoting Dr. Carl concerning the iPhone anytime soon.  :)

1 comment:

the sife said...

Historically I've been anti-mac, and the apple cult still bothers me. But the iphone is cool. I think when they launch the new next generation HD version this summer (see latest leaks), I'm going to dump the Blackberry and get an iphone HD.