Friday, April 02, 2010

Why Good Friday is Good

Erik Raymond:
What follows are some meditations as to why Good Friday is good. The topic is truly infinite. Hopefully this serves to stir your heart as a believer and aid conversations with unbelievers today.

Good Friday is ‘good’ because…

…Jesus was my substitute there upon that blood-stained tree

…Jesus wore the crown of thorns that I might wear the crown of life

…Jesus was scourged that I might be healed

…Jesus was condemned that I might be pardoned

…Jesus was abandoned that I might be accepted

…Jesus was made to be sin that I might be declared and ultimately made righteous

…Jesus pleased the Father whom I had angered

…Jesus tasted death that I may never taste it

…Jesus drank wrath that I might drink the waters of life

…Jesus died that I may live
 Read the rest.

No comments: