Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inception - A Review



Michael Kelley reviews the movie, "Inception".  His conclusion:

But what captured me about the movie most, other than what’s above, is the idea behind it. I think this movie is about creativity. It’s about ideas and where they come from, and how a simple idea – just a though – can eventually completely take over your life. It can become like that song you hear in the morning that gets stuck in your head and you can’t get out. It’s a truly creative and original movie dealing around the subject of true creativity and originality. Brilliant.
I’m left asking myself those questions as a writer – what is the beginning of inspiration? What’s the origin of an idea? And how do I generate that on my own without having Cobb invade my psyche? It seems to me that in some ways, the world is becoming less and less creative all the time. Though technology is constantly and rapidly developing, it seems like we always get the newest version of something else. Not much completely original. Not in film. Not in literature. Not in technology. Not that often.
In short, the movie made me want to have an idea. An original one. One that can be cultivated and grown. 
Read the rest.

3 comments:

Matthew Birch said...

One of the best movies I HAVE EVER SEEN!

D.J. Willliams said...

Yep, fantastic film, Chris Nolan's masterpiece.

JIBBS said...

Two thumbs way up!