Friday, October 08, 2010

A Response from Kevin DeYoung Concerning My Post

A few days ago I wrote a response to the Gospel Coalition video with Greg Gilbert, Kevin DeYoung, and my former teaching pastor, Ryan Kelly.  I had some concerns but more than anything I wanted to force myself to flesh out how we are going to articulate these issues at The Vine as we seek to be a church of word and deed in Madison.

Today, Kevin DeYoung, posted a response to my post that is clear and charitable.  I think we are basically on the same page.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Zach, i'm with you on this ... Have you heard of John Dickson? He hits on some of this in a unique way as a pastor from Australia. Here's a post to some audio links that may be helpful:

http://life2getherblog.com/2008/12/12/evangelism-is-a-community-project/

The audio is not that great … but John’s teaching is excellent and refreshing. I’d love to hear your thoughts. His book, Promoting the Gospel, really influenced me.