Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What is the one regret all pastors should want to avoid?

Brian Croft:
There are many possible regrets.  Yet, when I recently sat down for coffee with a dear friend and faithful, seasoned pastor, he had but one regret that stood out among the rest.  It wasn’t a regret on how faithful he had preached.  It wasn’t a regret in regard to wishing he had visited more widows than he did.  It wasn’t a regret that he had not shared the gospel more.  Make no mistake.  Their will be regrets for all of us who are pastors.  If there aren’t, we think too highly of ourselves and the quality of work we have done.  There is and will always be some level of these regrets in all pastors, including my friend.  Yet, there was one regret that stood out.  One regret that I saw hurt and burdened him more than any other.  Here was his regret: 
“I wish I would have enjoyed my children more when they were little.”
Read the rest.

No comments: