Friday, March 25, 2011

Slowing To See - A Great New Blog


There is a new blog on the scene that many of you might be interested in.  It's called Slowing To See and it's by one of my favorite people in the world, Katie Weaver, with photography by her husband Eric.

Here is her description of her new blog:
I’m so glad you are here! 
I am Katharine. Often Katie. Sometimes Kate. 
Always in need of God’s grace. 
I am married to Eric whom I love with a love beyond telling, and together we find great joy in the five little ones who have captured our hearts. 
I know I am blessed. Truly. And I long to be grateful in all things. 
It’s easy, really, to be thankful for the things that make me smile. Things like snow and songs and chubby little cheeks, quiet moments to curl up with a book, the laughter of my children, and wrapping in the arms of my love. 
Often, though, in the everyday moments, I am slow to see Grace. 
I rush past it. 
Again and again, I miss it. 
Grace in the ordinary. Grace right now. Right here. 
In the midst of the mundane. 
And so this place? 
I’ll fill it with words of life and love, parenting and poetry, ministry, homeschooling, simplicity, and some silliness too. 
Mostly, though, I think this place is about learning to see. 
About staying awake to the Holy here. 
Keeping my eyes wide open to the endless ways He loves me and finding my joy in Him. 
Slowing to see glimpses of grace in our ordinary days. 
I’d be delighted if you would join me.

Click here to subscribe.  Click here to view.

No comments: