Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Remove the Adjectives

Chaplain Mike says what has been said before but he said it well so I wanted to post it here.

I don’t know about you, but I am tired of the hype. I’m ready to start a “Remove the Adjectives” campaign to protest the addition of any description to my calling as a follower of Christ. I am a Christian. Period. In life, I am a husband, father, grandfather, neighbor, member of my community, hospice chaplain, Little League baseball coach, blog author, and so on. In and through these “masks” God loves the world through me. I, who have been given these trusts, am called to be faithful.
I can’t think of a higher calling! A more noble stewardship!
Please, don’t start laying words like “radical” on me. That’s your deal, not God’s.
Read the rest.

1 comment:

Jeremy Larson said...

Gene Edward Veith