Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What Does Your Personal Experience Tell You About The Veracity of Your Faith?

C. Michael Patton:
Why do you believe in God?

“Because I know deep in my heart that he exists.”

Why do you believe Christ rose from the grave?

“Because I have experienced the same power in my life.”

Why do you think the Bible is true?

“Because it speaks to me in places that no other book has.”

Why do you believe God loves you?

“Because I was healed of a disease.”

These are all common answers that are given by well-meaning Christians concerning the validity of their faith. However, I have made the argument that these type of answers are not good apologetics outposts for the faith and can be very misleading and, sometimes, destructive.
Read the rest of this very important article.

No comments: