Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Does God Really Know What He is Doing?

Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. So, when he heard that Lazarus was ill, he stayed two days longer in the place where he was.
(John 11:5-6 ESV)

Michael Kelley:
I wonder if there was anyone like me, who might see clearly that the Lord has provided in quantity but question His quality. If so, the issue isn’t so much with the power of God; it’s with the love and care of God. See, I not only want God to provide; I want Him to provide in the way I want Him to provide.

And once again, I’m confronted with the fact that at some level, I am convinced that I know what is best for me. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be so offended at the quality of God’s provision. Like a child who begs for a snack and then turns his nose up at the carrots put in front of me, I am impressed with God’s power but offended at His wisdom in exercising it.

The real question, then, is whether I believe in both His power and His wisdom – to not only provide, but to provide in the right way.
Read the rest.

No comments: