Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cat Lovers Deserve To Die

@AdamJeske -
First of all, I like cats, and some wonderful people close to me (like my daughter) are cat lovers. Bear with me.

Second, this is one of my more explicitly religious posts. Bear with me.

You may have heard of a mysterious ad campaign this week. Posters appeared across the country with headlines like:

HIPSTERS DESERVE TO DIE

THE SMUG DESERVE TO DIE

THE TATTOOED DESERVE TO DIE

THE GENETICALLY PRIVILEGED DESERVE TO DIE

CAT LOVERS DESERVE TO DIE

These posters caused outrage. “What the heck?” Who can say that? Who’s behind this?

“We knew that one would be polarizing,” said Denise Kohnke, vice president of strategy for Laughlin/Constable who designed the ads. “The absurd thing is no one deserves to die.” Then a website was unveiled: www.noonedeservestodie.org.

The outrage struck me. But Kohnke’s quote and the website name struck me more. No one deserves to die?
Read the rest.

Adam and his wife Chrissy have a new book coming out that you'll be hearing about from me in the near future.  It's called, This Ordinary Adventure: Settling Down Without Settling.

No comments: